Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
For fans of corned beef and sauerkraut, this makes for some good eating.
- 1 lb corned beef, chopped into small pieces
- 2 cups sauerkraut
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 small onion, diced (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3 cups swiss cheese (grated or sliced)
- 6 slices rye bread (torn or broken into small pieces)
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Combine the sour cream, sauerkraut, onion (if using) and garlic.
- Spread mixture onto bottom of 9x13-inch pan.
- Scatter corned beef evenly over mixture.
- Spread cheese on top of corned beef.
- Put bread on top of the Swiss cheese.
- Pour butter on top of bread.
- Bake at 350°F for 1/2 hour.
I made this for dinner last night for hubs and me. We both thought it was really great. Good flavor and just downright tasty. I halved the recipe for just the two of us and didn't use quite as much cheese. He commented again this morning on how tasty the dinner was. A defiinte repeat!
Yum! My husband decided this should not only be made for St. Patty's day! You can cut back on butter and cheese if you want it with a few less calories- no one will be able to tell the difference!
My anniversary is on St. Pat's day and I had a corned beef round to use up. This recipe caught my eye, This is TDF. It worked out fine as one person was not able to eat a sandwich. I used Thousand Island Dressing to top things off. I've already told 2 friends about it. It's the new anniversary dinner.