Recipe by Rick Young
For fans of corned beef and sauerkraut, this makes for some good eating.
Top Review by LilPup
I made this for dinner last night for hubs and me. We both thought it was really great. Good flavor and just downright tasty. I halved the recipe for just the two of us and didn't use quite as much cheese. He commented again this morning on how tasty the dinner was. A defiinte repeat!
- 1 lb corned beef, chopped into small pieces
- 2 cups sauerkraut
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 small onion, diced (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3 cups swiss cheese (grated or sliced)
- 6 slices rye bread (torn or broken into small pieces)
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the sour cream, sauerkraut, onion (if using) and garlic.
- Spread mixture onto bottom of 9x13-inch pan.
- Scatter corned beef evenly over mixture.
- Spread cheese on top of corned beef.
- Put bread on top of the Swiss cheese.
- Pour butter on top of bread.
- Bake at 350°F for 1/2 hour.