Recipe by truebrit
A hearty biscuit-topped casserole that is warming and filling! From Taste of Home's Casserole Cookbook.
Top Review by MarieRynr
This delicious casserole was just what was needed on a cold and wet autumnal night to help us feel cozy and warm. It was very easily put together, using ingredients I always have in my pantry. I am not able to get refrigerated biscuits over here so I substituted Drop Biscuits that I made with bisquick. (I added some strong cheddar to them) Yumm! My husband really gobbled this one up. We will have the leftovers today and I bet they taste even better than they did last night! Thanks so much for a great recipe I know I will use again!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 medium potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) can corned beef
- 1 (12 ounce) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large saucepan, and cook onion at medium heat until tender; remove from heat.
- Stir in flour, salt, Worcestershire sauce and pepper.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring well.
- Bring to a boil, and stir for two minutes, or until thickened and bubbly.
- Mix in the potatoes, corn and corned beef.
- Transfer to a greased 13" x 9" x 2" casserole dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400F for 25-30 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Top with the biscuits, and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.