Recipe by Nana Lee
Here's a good recipe for leftovers from St. Paddy's Day. Spicy brown mustard and Cheddar cheese add zing to this tasty corned beef and cabbage bake.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 4 cups coarsely shredded cabbage
- 2 cups chopped leftover corned beef
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring water to a boil in large saucepan over high heat.
- Add macaroni; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cabbage; cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain well.
- Return to saucepan; stir in corned beef and onions.
- Mix soup, milk, mustard and pepper in small bowl until well blended.
- Pour over corned beef mixture; toss to coat.
- Stir in cheese. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Combine bread crumbs and butter in small bowl; sprinkle over corned beef mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until hot.
- If using leftovers simply omit the part about cooking the cabbage.