Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
The Macaroni gives this corn beef and cabbage dish a little different twist. Its easy and every one really enjoys this, especially corn beef and cabbage lovers.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 head cabbage, cut into pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can corned beef, chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup diced cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Fill a large pot and bring water to boil.
- Add mararoni and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Take off heat and drain well.
- Stir in onion,corned beef, undiluted soup, milk, pimiento,mustard,pepper and diced cheese.
- Mix well.
- Spread mixture evenly in casserole dish.
- Put bread crumbs over the top.
- Bake uncovered for 60 minutes, or until hot.
This really tasted like the real thing. I think the mustard pulled it off.
What a nice change for leftover corned beef....I really didn't want to do hash again....so, I tried this casserole....we loved it. I did do a few tweeks..left out pimentos, bread crumbs and butter. Instead, I used crushed TLC crackers and fat free cheddar, mixed 1/4 cup cheese into casserole and mixed 1/4 cup with crushed crackers for a topping. Husband and I really enjoyed this and in fact we look forward to the leftovers. thanks jean for a keeper.
This was a big hit for my office St. Patty's Day celebration. Everyone said this was a great twist for stuff you always see on this holiday and nice change from the ordinary. Thank you!!