Prep 35 mins
Cook 3 hrs
St. Patrick's Day is just around the corner and this is a perfect meal to celebrate with. ----Everyone is Irish on St.Paddy's Day!---- *Horseradish Mustard = 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard and 1/4 cup prepared horseradish*
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs corned beef brisket
- 1 cup apple cider or 1 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- 10 about 1 pound white pearl onions
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, cut into quarters
- 1 medium rutabaga, peeled, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 small head of cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
horseradish mustard (use 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup prepared horseradish
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Place beef brisket in roaster; add juices.
- and spices from brisket package.
- Combine all seasoning ingredients(apple cider,peppercorns and bay leaves) in small bowl; pour over brisket.
- Cover; bake for 2 hours.
- Add vegetables.
- Cover; continue baking for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until brisket is fork tender and vegetables are desired doneness.
- Remove brisket and vegetables to serving platter; keep warm.
- Beat chilled whipping cream in chilled small mixer bowl at high speed until soft peaks form (1 to 2 minutes).
- Gently stir in horseradish mustard and vinegar by hand.
- Serve mustard sauce with brisket and vegetables.