Recipe by Pinay0618
Canned corned beef is one of those things that's always in my pantry. (Thanks, Mama!) This is one way to make use of it, from Hormel.
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 8 slices white bread, crusts trimmed, cut in half diagonally
- 1 (12 ounce) canhormel corned beef, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook celery, green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Arrange half of the bread slices in bottom of 2-quart baking dish; top with half of the corned beef. Spoon vegetable mixture over corned beef. Cover with remaining corned beef; top with remaining bread. sprinkle top with cheese. Combine milk and eggs; mix well. Carefully pour mixture over bread. Bake in 350°F oven 40 minutes or until golden brown.