Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great sandwich! Adapted from Country Living magazine.
- 1⁄2 cup whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 cup mayonnaise (optional, if using mayo you may want to cut the mustard back to 1/3 cup)
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1⁄8 cup finely chopped sweet gherkin
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 1⁄2 lb sliced corned beef
- 4 ounces thinly sliced swiss cheese
- 8 leaves small red leaf lettuce
- Combine the mustard, mayonnaise(if using), capers, and gherkins in a small bowl and spread on one side of each bread slice. Rinse lettuce leaves and pat each dry.
- Layer the corned beef, Swiss cheese, and lettuce on 4 of the bread slices, top with the remaining bread slices, and serve. Enjoy!
Excellent. One of the best reuben- style sammiches I've eaten. Thumbs-up!
This was a simple sandwich, but a big change of pace in our lunchboxes. Both the DH and I loved the mix of textures between the meat, mustard and gerkins. We'll be making these again!