Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious new way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. Adapted from California Avocado Growers Assoc.
- 340.19 g cooked corned beef, freshly cooked, thinly sliced and hot
- 4 slice swiss cheese
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced (plus additional for the Killarney slaw)
- 8 slice marbled rye bread
Irish Beer Mustard Sauce
- 59.14 ml spicy brown mustard
- 22.18 ml irish beer or 22.18 ml lager beer
- 7.39 ml green onions, white end only, minced
- 2.46 ml sugar
Killarney Avocado Slaw
- 113.39 g fresh shredded cabbage, and carrot mix
- 29.58 ml diced yellow bell peppers
- 14.79 ml thinly sliced green onion
- 78.07 ml plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 44.37 ml coarsely mashed ripe avocados
- 2.46 ml sugar, granulated
- 4.92 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1.87 ml caraway seed
- 59.14 ml diced diced ripe avocado
- Best if using hot cooked corned beef brisket thinly sliced.
- To prepare the Irish Beer Mustard Sauce: Whisk all ingredients together and refrigerate.
- To prepare the Killarney Avocado Slaw: Mix together all ingredients except the diced avocado and then fold that in last and refrigerate.
- Place 4 slices of marble rye on cutting board, top with Irish Beer Mustard sauce or place it aside to use as a dipping sauce.
- Top each with 3 oz. warm corned beef, then with 1/4 sliced avocado and then 1 slice of swiss cheese.
- Top with 1/2 cup Killarney Avocado Slaw and then an additional slice of Marble rye and cut in half.