A delicious new way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. Adapted from California Avocado Growers Assoc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces cooked corned beef, freshly cooked, thinly sliced and hot
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced (plus additional for the Killarney slaw)
- 8 slices marbled rye bread
Irish Beer Mustard Sauce
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons irish beer or 1 1/2 tablespoons lager beer
- 1 1/2 teaspoons green onions, white end only, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
Killarney Avocado Slaw
- 4 ounces fresh shredded cabbage, and carrot mix
- 2 tablespoons diced yellow bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons coarsely mashed ripe avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, granulated
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/8 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/4 cup diced diced ripe avocado
- 1Best if using hot cooked corned beef brisket thinly sliced.
- 2To prepare the Irish Beer Mustard Sauce: Whisk all ingredients together and refrigerate.
- 3To prepare the Killarney Avocado Slaw: Mix together all ingredients except the diced avocado and then fold that in last and refrigerate.
- 4Place 4 slices of marble rye on cutting board, top with Irish Beer Mustard sauce or place it aside to use as a dipping sauce.
- 5Top each with 3 oz. warm corned beef, then with 1/4 sliced avocado and then 1 slice of swiss cheese.
- 6Top with 1/2 cup Killarney Avocado Slaw and then an additional slice of Marble rye and cut in half.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corned Beef and Killarney Avocado Slaw Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 624.6
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 109.1 mg
- Sodium 1628.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 31.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: