Recipe by Calms79
Delish fried sandwich that is great for lunch or a hearty snack. Tastes great with turkey, mortedella, corned beef or even salami. Original recipe from Super Food Ideas magazine but adapted to my families tastes.
- 8 slices whole meal bread (2 cm thick)
- 4 slices gruyere cheese
- 4 slices corned beef
- 1⁄3 cup tomato chutney
- 10 g baby spinach leaves (around 20 leaves)
- 3 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter bread and place 4 slices buttered side down on board. Top each slice with cheese, corned beef, 1 tablespoon of chutney and 1/4 of the spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Top each with slice of remaining bread, buttered side up.
- Heat a large heavy based frying pan over low heat. Place 2 sandwiches in pan and cook for 3 - 4 minutes or until bottom is golden. Carefully turn sandwiches over and cover the pan. (covering helps cheese melt). Cook for further 3 minutes or until bases are golden.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches. Cut sandwiches in half and serve.