Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Irish and Mexican just like me! Planning on using my leftover St. Patrick's Day corned beef brisket for this.
- 1 corned beef brisket (including seasoning packet)
- 12 flour tortillas or 12 corn tortillas or 12 crisp taco shells, warmed
- 3 cups shredded cabbage or 3 cups lettuce
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded aged cheddar cheese
- sliced green onion
- diced tomato
- taco sauce (optional)
- Cook brisket according to package directions, or cover with water in a slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove from liquid and let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Remove any pieces of fat and shred corned beef.
- To assemble tacos, fill tortillas or shells with shredded corned beef, cabbage and cheese.
- Top with other ingredients as desired.
I had some leftover corned beef and was looking for different ideas.. This was delicious! I used red onion (only because I didn't have any green) Instead of taco sauce, I used horseradish which really complimented the corned beef. Will definitely make these again! Great idea!
These were good tacos. I used whole wheat tortillas, added cilantro, and used nonfat sour cream instead of the cheese. The only thing I would caution on is not overfilling these with the meat, as the saltiness overpowers the other ingredients. Thanks, cookiedog!
Outstanding...what a great idea...something different for a party or to do with your leftovers instead of reuben sandwiches. This would also be a good alternative to traditional corned beef and cabbage if some of your guests are not "meat" people because they could use alternative fillings. Fish tacos with cabbage are always yummy. Happy St. Patrick's Day!