Recipe by cookiedog
Irish and Mexican just like me! Planning on using my leftover St. Patrick's Day corned beef brisket for this.
Top Review by Imelda B.
As far as I know, I'm not the slightest bit Irish, but I do like corned beef brisket. I can't remember if I made it for St. Patty's Day or New Years day a couple years ago. I'm not sure what the "traditional" way to set it up is, but I make my cabbage sauteed in bacon fat, salt, pepper and garlic. So I just throw all that on a tortilla with some shreadded corned beef brisket. Nothing more, nothing less. delicious.
- 1 corned beef brisket (including seasoning packet)
- 12 flour tortillas or 12 corn tortillas or 12 crisp taco shells, warmed
- 3 cups shredded cabbage or 3 cups lettuce
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded aged cheddar cheese
- sliced green onion
- diced tomato
- taco sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook brisket according to package directions, or cover with water in a slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove from liquid and let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Remove any pieces of fat and shred corned beef.
- To assemble tacos, fill tortillas or shells with shredded corned beef, cabbage and cheese.
- Top with other ingredients as desired.