Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Hearty soup, chock full of corned beef, cabbage and potatoes! Great tasting soup! Different than the usual Corned Beef and Cabbage meal. Got this recipe from Woman's Day Magazine...tried it right away...Loved it!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 lb deli-sliced corned beef (cut into strips)
- 8 ounces green cabbage, cored & diced (about 3 cups)
- 3 medium carrots, chopped to large chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 large baking potato, peeled & cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (48 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- In pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add corned beef, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Add cabbage, carrots, onion and caraway seeds.
- Cook stirring occasionally, 8-10 minutes.
- Add potato, broth, juice and black pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer until vegetables are tender (about 30 minutes).