Hearty soup, chock full of corned beef, cabbage and potatoes! Great tasting soup! Different than the usual Corned Beef and Cabbage meal. Got this recipe from Woman's Day Magazine...tried it right away...Loved it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 lb deli-sliced corned beef (cut into strips)
- 8 ounces green cabbage, cored & diced (about 3 cups)
- 3 medium carrots, chopped to large chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 large baking potato, peeled & cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (48 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1In pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- 2Add corned beef, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- 3Add cabbage, carrots, onion and caraway seeds.
- 4Cook stirring occasionally, 8-10 minutes.
- 5Add potato, broth, juice and black pepper; bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat to low; simmer until vegetables are tender (about 30 minutes).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corned Beef-and-Cabbage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.4
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.8 mg
- Sodium 906.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 10.0 g