Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delightful St. Patrick's day dish. Very filling and easy to make. I like the red-skinned potatoes because of the coloring it adds. Remember, times are approximate. Adjust to your own style.
- Cut up potatoes and place in a large pot. Fill with water and boil potatoes until skin starts to fall off (aproximately 1 hour).
- Wash cabbage head and cut into desired size (I like to cut the cabbage into quarters, then slice into strips).
- Add cabbage to pot. Boil for 10 minutes or so until cabbage is tender.
- Add can of corned beef, breaking up chunks with ladle.
- Add butter, salt, pepper, and other spices to taste. Let boil for about 20 minutes, then serve.