1 hr 10 mins
Bookwyrm in the Kitchen's Note:
A delightful St. Patrick's day dish. Very filling and easy to make. I like the red-skinned potatoes because of the coloring it adds. Remember, times are approximate. Adjust to your own style.
My Private Note
batch o ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut up potatoes and place in a large pot. Fill with water and boil potatoes until skin starts to fall off (aproximately 1 hour).
- 2Wash cabbage head and cut into desired size (I like to cut the cabbage into quarters, then slice into strips).
- 3Add cabbage to pot. Boil for 10 minutes or so until cabbage is tender.
- 4Add can of corned beef, breaking up chunks with ladle.
- 5Add butter, salt, pepper, and other spices to taste. Let boil for about 20 minutes, then serve.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (439 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 704.8
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 83.3 mg
- Sodium 1038.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.7 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 30.1 g