Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
#5FIX With top-notch corned beef from the market’s deli, and buttery mashed potatoes, this take on a traditional comfort food is a quick stuffed cabbage, without a long baking time, and just 5 easy -to-find ingredients. Tip: Blanch your cabbage in plenty of water.
- 1 head savoy cabbage
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 8 slices first-cut deli corned beef (3/4 pound to 1 pound )
- 3⁄4 cup jarred horseradish mustard
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle stout beer or 1 (12 ounce) bottle dark beer
- Remove 12 largest leaves from cabbage. Reserve remainder for another use. Blanch in a large pot, 3-4 minutes until barely softened. Cut away any thick veins from stem end with a sharp knife. Place 8 largest leaves on counter. Use extra leaves to patch any spaces or tears. Spread with mashed potatoes, leaving 1/8 inch at edge. Place a slice of corned beef on potatoes.
- Tuck in sides and roll up from stem end. Place seam-side down in a skillet sprayed with no-stick spray. Skillet should be large enough to hold rolls snugly in one layer. Secure with toothpicks .
- Whisk 3/4 cup mustard with stout until smooth. Drizzle around cabbage rolls. Cover skillet and heat 2 minutes on medium-high heat, reduce heat to low and cook until piping hot, spooning sauce over rolls once or twice. Serve hot with sauce.