Recipe by manda1027
This is a recipe that was in our local paper, it was submitted by Bettye E. Raines.
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts
- 1 cup green cabbage, cooked, well drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 (7 ounce) can corned beef, broken up
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Bake pie shell for 10 minutes, remove and set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in small skillet over medium heat, melt butter and saute onions for about 3 minutes or until limp.
- Add half and half to skillet, continue cooking until small bubbles appear around the edges of the pan.
- In large bowl, beat eggs with Parmesan cheese and seasonings; add cottage cheese and corned beef.
- Continue to beat until well blended.
- Add onion and blend well.
- Place cooked, well drained, cabbage in pie shell. Top with corned beef mixture. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees until set, about 35 minutes.