- 4 medium potatoes, peed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 -4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can corned beef, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat saute the potatoes in the oil until tender and lightly brown, about 15 minutes.
- Add more oil if needed.
- Add the onion and saute for 2 minutes more.
- Add the cabbage, corned beef, caraway seeds, salt and pepper.
- Lower heat to medium low, cover and cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Let cook for another 8 minutes not stirring at all.
- Remove lid and cover hash with a plate, invert and serve.