Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I just threw this together tonight for my family. Everyone loved it.
- 5 -7 lbs corned beef brisket
- 5 lbs red potatoes
- 3 lbs baby carrots
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 2 heads cabbage
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Guinness stout
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Wash and cut potatoes into quarters.
- Peel and cut onions into wedges.
- Cut cabbage into wedges.
- Place all vegetables into a large roaster oven.
- Rinse corned beef and place on top of vegetables.
- Sprinkle spice packets included with the corned beef on top.
- Pour the beer over the corned beef, being careful to not wash off the spices.
- Pour water into the bottom of the roaster.
- Set roaster to 300 degrees and cook for 4 - 4 1/2 hours until vegetables are tender.
I made this yesterday and everyone that ate it said it was the best they had ever had.. it was amazing, even people that just took a little because they don't like the dish, went back for seconds.. I saw the review that said throw the veggies away after... glad I didn't do that... just had left overs(weren't many) and all the veggies were awesome... Great recipe... thanks for making me look like a star... Have had 2 calls today for the recipe... Maybe using Guinness was the key... don't use just any beer...
Very good the first day! But for some reason when we tried to eat it the following day as left overs all the vegetables had a bitter taste. I'm not sure why. Maybe from the beer, I don't know. Though it was very tasty when it first came out of the roaster. The rest got fed to our dog.