Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A classic, nice for St. Paddy's day too.
- 2 -3 lbs corned beef brisket
- 2 small onions
- 4 small carrots
- 2 small potatoes, pared and halved
- 1⁄2 green cabbage, cut into wedges
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 dash dry mustard
- Cook meat as directed on package.
- If directions are not available, place meat in Dutch oven, cover with hot water and haet to boiling. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer until tender, 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Or, cook in slow cooker on high 5 hours or low for 8 hours.
- About 20 minutes before meat is tender, skim fat from liquid, then add onions, carrots and potatoes.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove meat and keep warm.
- Add cabbage to liquid; simmer uncovered until vegetables are tender 10 to 15 minutes.
- To carve meat, cut thin diagonal slices across the grain.
- Serve with Horseradish sauce.
- Horseradish Sauce:.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise or sour cream.
- 1 tablespoon horseradish.
- Dash paprika.
- Dash dry mustard.
- Mix all ingredients. Refrigerate until serving time.
This sounds great! Thank you so much for all the "for 2" recipes. Have a blessed Thanksgiving.