1/2 Photos of Corned Beef and Cabbage Casserole
Easy and yummy use for leftover corned beef. No canned soup needed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups diced corned beef, cooked
- 3 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2-3 cups low-fat milk
- 6 ounces shredded swiss cheese, 1 1/2 cups
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup crushed crouton
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut up (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease/spray a 13 x 9 baking dish and set aside.
- 2Cook macaroni according to package; drain and place in a large bowl with the diced corned beef and chopped cabbage; set aside.
- 3Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan.
- 4Saute the chopped onion and garlic in the melted butter until tender.
- 5Stir in the flour and stir until dissolved.
- 6Gradually stir in the milk.
- 7Stir in the cheese, mustard, salt, pepper and caraway seeds. Continue to cook, stirring often until cheese is melted and mixture thickens.
- 8Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream.
- 9Pour over the macaroni/beef/cabbage mixture and toss to evenly mix.
- 10Pour into the prepared 13 x 9 dish.
- 11Sprinkle with the crushed croutons. Dot with 2 tbsp cut up butter; optional.
- 12COVER and bake for 25 minutes.
- 13UNCOVER and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corned Beef and Cabbage Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.7
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 40.7 mg
- Sodium 283.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 13.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: