Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a quick and easy recipe if you buy the Swiss cheese and corned beef at the Deli. I think you can cut each casserole into more than four pieces and still have a very filling meal. If you like corned beef and cabbage you will love this recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups cabbage, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 12 ounces deli corned beef, chopped
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup thousand island dressing
- 2 tubes refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (12 oz each)
- In a large skillet, melt the butter; stir in the cabbage, onion, and caraway seeds. Cover and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until the cabbage is crisp tender, stirring occasionally; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the corned beef, Swiss cheese, and salad dressing.
- Seperate the biscuits; place 10 biscuits in each of two ungreased 9-inch round baking pans. Press the biscuits onto the bottom and halfway up the sides of the pans.
- Add cabbage mixture; top with the corned beef mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350 F for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and biscuits are golden brown. Cut into wedges.
I don't know why I never thought of cooking corned beef in a pressure cooker before, but today, staring at it next to my corned beef, I said "why not"? I searched, found this recipe and was thrilled! I gave it an extra 10 minutes because my corned beef was 4 lbs, only looked at it once after putting it in to make sure the gas heat was proper, set the timer and out came the most amazing, tender corned beef ever. No fuss....and half the time it normally takes!
Mmmm! So good! I could only find 16.3 oz tubes of biscuits, so I used 3/4 of a tube for each casserole. I thought of combining the two into a 13 x 9 casserole, but was concerned about the center biscuits being done. I'm glad that I kept them seperate, beacause the biscuits in each pan were *just* done in the center. I used good deli corned beef and I'll use leftover corned beef for this whenever I have it. Thanx for sharing this excellent (and easy) recipe!!!
This was amazing and very easy to make! The cheese, dressing and beef mixture was to die for!! Why I've never thought to put all these ingredients together before, I'll never know! This was tasty and also great the next day for lunch! Yum!