Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 hrs
So delicious, you can have this any night besides March 17.
- 6 lbs corned beef brisket
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves
- 6 black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 carrot, cut into large chunks
- 1 celery rib, cut into large chunks
- 1 head green cabbage, cored
- horseradish sauce
- Place the corned beef in a large pot and cover with water. Simmer for 1 hour, skimming off any foam that forms on the surface of the water.
- Pour off the water and cover with fresh water. Add the onions, cloves, peppercorns, bay leaves, garlic, carrot, and celery. Cover and simmer for 3 to 4 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Cut the cabbage into 6 wedges and place on top of the meat. Cover and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Remove the cabbage with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Remove the meat from the cooking liquid and let stand on a serving platter for 15 minutes. Cut into thin slices across the grain. Serve with the cabbage and pass the horseradish sauce at the table.
I have been searching for corned beef recipes cooked in stock pot..thank you for submitting this for those of us with a too small crockpot!