Recipe by Chipfo
I tried this out of Better homes and Gardens Casserole cookbook (1978) and my Father and I loved it. Next time I want to top it with the tomatoes, then mashed potatoes and the cheese for a variation of Shepherds Pie, I think that would be good.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1⁄2 cup cracker crumb, medium-coarse
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped canned pimiento
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 medium tomatoes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine beef with next 5 ingredients and spread half of the mixture into a 8x8x2 inch baking dish.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients except for tomato and cheese, spoon over meat and cover evenly with remaining meat mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 50 to 55 minutes, meanwhile slice the tomato and cut the slices in halve.
- Remove from oven and top with tomato slices and cheese, bake for 5 more minutes, remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes and serve.