Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Thanks to ASMITH212!
- 236.59 ml yellow cornmeal
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 78.07 ml Splenda granular
- 158.51 ml fat free sugar free yogurt
- 78.07 ml nonfat sour cream
- 1 egg
- Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix liquid ingredients in a small bowl.
- Gently fold the wet into the dry. Pour into a round cake pan, sprayed with Pam. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are a golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into 6 wedges.
I made this and it was very good. I could not find any fat free sugar free yogurt or fat free sour cream (lame town I live in), so I used light sour cream and it was moist and I did add some hot sauce to the mix. I used muffin tins, and it made six muffins and it cooked for 20 minutes on the lowest rack of the oven.
Will surely be making this again.
We have made this 3 times with great results. The 1st time, I had no yogurt so made buttermilk with milk and vinegar to substitute. The 2nd time I used a cup of sour cream with no yogurt. This last time, I had the correct ingredients. It was good for time 1 and 2 but outstanding for this 3rd time.
I used House Autry Medium white cornmeal, omitted the Splenda and used regular sour cream-not fat free. Each time, I melted bacon grease in my small iron skillet prior to pouring in the batter. Delicious but not low cal.....Baked at the 375 degrees but it took about 30-35 minutes to bake.
Super recipe. Thanks for sharing. Since I have been unable to eat wheat for about 5 years, this is the best cornbread I have made. My grown kids and the young grandkids love it too.
This is good but a little too sweet for my taste and I found the splenda taste to be too strong. Next time I would use sugar instead of Splenda and reduce the quantity of sweetener. Made for Keep That Resolution: Lite and Low Recipes Event