Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a flavorful, moist cornbread.
- 709.77 ml yellow cornmeal
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml dried rubbed sage
- 14.79 ml ground black pepper
- 7.39 ml salt
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 532.32 ml buttermilk
- 236.59 ml chopped drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil, 1/4 cup oil reserved
- 118.29 ml butter, melted, cooled
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Butter two 9 1/2-inch-diameter deep-dish pie dishes.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, sage, pepper, salt, baking powder and baking soda in large bowl and whisk to blend.
- Combine buttermilk, sun-dried tomatoes, reserved sun-dried tomato oil, butter, eggs and egg yolk in medium bowl and whisk to blend.
- Stir buttermilk mixture into dry ingredients.
- Divide cornbread batter between prepared dishes.
- Bake corn breads until tops begin to brown and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Corn breads can be prepared 6 hours ahead.
- To reheat, cover with aluminum foil.
- Reheat covered in 350°F oven about 10 minutes.
- Cut cornbreads into wedges.
- Transfer to towel-lined basket; serve warm.
So moist! And the sun-dried tomatoes were an added pleasure. This was not overly sweet (that some cornbreads are). Thanks for a great recipe I will use again soon.