1/1 Photo of Cornbread With Sun-Dried Tomatoes
This is a flavorful, moist cornbread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 709.77 ml yellow cornmeal
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml dried rubbed sage
- 14.79 ml ground black pepper
- 7.39 ml salt
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 532.32 ml buttermilk
- 236.59 ml chopped drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil, 1/4 cup oil reserved
- 118.29 ml butter, melted, cooled
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F
- 2Butter two 9 1/2-inch-diameter deep-dish pie dishes.
- 3Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, sage, pepper, salt, baking powder and baking soda in large bowl and whisk to blend.
- 4Combine buttermilk, sun-dried tomatoes, reserved sun-dried tomato oil, butter, eggs and egg yolk in medium bowl and whisk to blend.
- 5Stir buttermilk mixture into dry ingredients.
- 6Divide cornbread batter between prepared dishes.
- 7Bake corn breads until tops begin to brown and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- 8Corn breads can be prepared 6 hours ahead.
- 9To reheat, cover with aluminum foil.
- 10Reheat covered in 350°F oven about 10 minutes.
- 11Cut cornbreads into wedges.
- 12Transfer to towel-lined basket; serve warm.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread With Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.8
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 132.1 mg
- Sodium 692.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 10.2 g