Recipe by Pesto lover
I like a sweet cornbread, but I am trying to cut back on sugar. This recipe turned out very well.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (I use King Arthur brand)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal (I use organic)
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder (I use Rumford)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons oil (I use light olive oil)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, well beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all dry ingredients in medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix oil, buttermilk and egg.
- Pour wet ingredients into cornmeal mixture and mix with a large spoon, just until blended.
- Spray a square 8" or 9" pan with Pam and pour batter into it.
- Bake at 400 degrees until lightly browned on top - about 20 minutes in my oven.