An absolutely incredible cornbread recipe! I don't remember where I found this one but it was while I was in grad school. I invited the crew over and made this recipe to accompany a pot of chili. All I can say is that it was excellent and much enjoyed! If there are leftovers, excellent reheated or toasted. A lot of ingredients but.... yummmmmm!
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup canned corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup grated onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh jalapeno pepper
- Mix dry ingredients together in lg bowl.
- In sm bowl, mix together eggs, milk,& butter; add to dry ingredients.
- Add remaining ingredients and combine thoroughly.
- Fill lightly-greased 12 c muffin pans ½ full w/ batter (or turn into greased 9"x13" pan).
- Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 20-25 mins (longer for pan) or til top springs back when lightly pressed; remove from oven.
- Let cool before turning muffins out.