1/11 Photos of Cornbread With Jalapeno and Cheddar Cheese
You can omit the jalapeno and or cheese. They have a nice kick to them. I am removing Trans fats from my recipes for better health. This originally had shortening and now replaced with a healthier choice of oil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix corn meal, flour sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 2Cut in oil till crumbly.
- 3Mix in jalapeno and cheese.
- 4Mix in egg and milk till just blended do not over mix.
- 5Pour batter into a greased hot cast iron pan.
- 6Bake in a preheated oven 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread With Jalapeno and Cheddar Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (736 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.5
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 31.8 mg
- Sodium 517.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 6.4 g