From Sunset Magazine Summer 2004. I tucked this recipe away and forgot about it. In lieu of blueberries, I'm confident other berries would work successfully with this cornbread recipe, i.e.: strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1*NOTE: if masa harina is unavailable, increase the amount of cornmeal to 1 1/3 cups.
- 2Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 8-inch square baking pan.
- 3Beat the eggs, buttermilk and melted butter in bowl until well blended.
- 4In a separate bowl or on a piece of wax paper, combine the flour, cornmeal, masa harina, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 5Stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture just until incorporated. Gently stir in the fresh berries.
- 6Bake 20-25 minutes or just until toothpick inserted in center of cornbread comes out clean.
- 7Let stand 10 minutes then cut into squares.
- 8Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread With Fresh Berries
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.0
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 69.3 mg
- Sodium 331.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 5.5 g