Recipe by Beachbunnymom
This is a cornbread recipe I came up with after experimenting with tons of different cornbread recipes. I could not find one I really enjoyed so I finally made up one of my own. This is a great moist cornbread with a little spice! Delicious
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup creamed corn
- 3 tablespoons diced jalapenos
- 4 1⁄2 ounces diced green chilies (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 2 tablespoons butter (for cake pans)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Mix 1/3 cup butter and eggs in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, sift flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture. Add buttermilk, creamed corn, jalapenos, green chilis, and cheese.
- Place 1 tbsp butter in each 9 inch pan. and bake for 5 minutes. Take out of oven and pour batter evenly between pans.
- Bake for 35 minutes or do toothpick test to see if done.