Recipe by gardenlady
I have been making this for Thankgiving for years. My daughter asked me to post it. The recipe makes plenty. I usually freeze half of it to use for Christmas dinner as well.
Top Review by 8elgian
I look for recipes that I can turn Gluten Free that the whole family loves ... and this is a winner! I used Bob's Red Mill gluten free cornbread mix and a gluten free bouillon, and instead of pork sausage - I used ground turkey mixed with sage and ground fennel seed.
- 16 ounces cornbread stuffing mix (Pepperidge Farm)
- 6 ounces long grain and wild rice blend, Original Recipe (Uncle Bens)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup butter (one stick)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 lb sage sausage
- poultry seasoning, to taste
- sage, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Sweat vegetables until tender in 1 tbsp butter.
- Make package of rice according to directions on box.
- Remove vegetables to a bowl and then brown sausage in pan until no longer pink.
- put 2 cans of chicken broth and stick of butter into a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Empty cornbread stuffing mix into large bowl.
- Pour chicken broth mixture over cornbread mixture, toss with fork until liquid is absorbed.
- 7. Toss in rice, celery, onions, and sausage and mix until combined.
- 8. Add poultry seasoning and sage to taste.