I have been making this for Thankgiving for years. My daughter asked me to post it. The recipe makes plenty. I usually freeze half of it to use for Christmas dinner as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sweat vegetables until tender in 1 tbsp butter.
- 2Make package of rice according to directions on box.
- 3Remove vegetables to a bowl and then brown sausage in pan until no longer pink.
- 4put 2 cans of chicken broth and stick of butter into a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- 5Empty cornbread stuffing mix into large bowl.
- 6Pour chicken broth mixture over cornbread mixture, toss with fork until liquid is absorbed.
- 77. Toss in rice, celery, onions, and sausage and mix until combined.
- 88. Add poultry seasoning and sage to taste.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread, Wild Rice and Sausage Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.9
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 425.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
long grain and wild rice blend