Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?type=content&id=recipe1784 RETRIEVED 11/22/2006 19:00
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 cups cornbread, crumbled
- 5 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, diced, into 1/4-inch pieces
- 10 ounces wild mushrooms (chanterelles, oyster, and shiitake)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup homemade chicken stock or 1⁄3 cup low sodium chicken broth, skimmed of fat
- Heat oven to 425°. Spread pecans on a baking sheet. Place in oven to toast until fragrant, about 6 minutes. Set aside.
- Melt 2 T butter in a small skillet. Cut cornbread into 2"-thick slices. Place, cut side down, on a 17x12" baking sheet. Brush tops with melted butter. Toast cornbread until golden brown, 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Heat remaining 4 T butter in a medium skillet on med-high. Add shallots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minute
- Add mushrooms, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper; cook until slightly softened, about 3 minute
- Add white wine; continue cooking until absorbed, about 1 minute. Add cream. Cook 30 seconds; remove pan from heat.
- Crumble cornbread into a large bowl. Add mushroom mixture and toasted pecans; toss.
very good we will make again for thanksgiving. Made for PAC fall 2007