Recipe by Kozmic Blues
OMG YUMMM. From Vegan Brunch!
Top Review by aBillion
These were like a cornbread muffin in waffle form. They took a couple minutes longer in my waffle maker than regular waffles do, but they came out with a perfect crunchy exterior. I made them sweet and served them with a potato-spinach hash.
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (or 2 tbsp for savory waffles)
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Measure milk in large measuring cup, add vinegar and set aside to curdle.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Make well in center and add milk mixture and oil.
- Mix until smooth.
- Cook waffles according to waffle iron directions!