Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Ive never been a big cornbread fan but I came across this recipe and love love LOVE it! Sooo good, but without a bunch of junk ingredients.My picky 5 yr. old even likes it! I always have some on hand for those "gotta-have munchies" moments. You can make this in advance and keep at room temperature overnight or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil, melted or 1 tablespoon safflower oil, plus a little more for the baking pan
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated natural cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup silken tofu
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Oil a 13x9 inches baking pan, set aside.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl, set aside.
- In blender, combine milk, tofu, and 1 tablespoon oil until smooth.
- Stir the blended mixture into the cornmeal mixture then pour into the oiled baking pan.
- Bake for about 20 min- until golden brown and edges start to pull away from the pan.
- Let cool and pig out!