Ive never been a big cornbread fan but I came across this recipe and love love LOVE it! Sooo good, but without a bunch of junk ingredients.My picky 5 yr. old even likes it! I always have some on hand for those "gotta-have munchies" moments. You can make this in advance and keep at room temperature overnight or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil, melted or 1 tablespoon safflower oil, plus a little more for the baking pan
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup evaporated natural cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups soymilk
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Oil a 13x9 inches baking pan, set aside.
- 3Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl, set aside.
- 4In blender, combine milk, tofu, and 1 tablespoon oil until smooth.
- 5Stir the blended mixture into the cornmeal mixture then pour into the oiled baking pan.
- 6Bake for about 20 min- until golden brown and edges start to pull away from the pan.
- 7Let cool and pig out!
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread (Vegan Style!)
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.0
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 360.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 25.5 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: