Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Cornbread Topped Spicy Chicken Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced chilies, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 (8 ounce) box cornbread mix, plus ingredients to prepare
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken until no longer pink.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken. Add black beans, tomatoes, corn, chilies, and salsa. Stir until well blended.
- Transfer to 2-quart casserole dish
- Prepare corn bread mix according to package directions, adding cheese and bell pepper. Spread over chicken mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown.
My DH made this with a few minor subs it's what was on hand. He used left over chicken (we made a beer can chicken) i had the kind of diced tomatoes with green chili's so that's what he used so when everything was mixing it looked a touch dry so he added about 1/4 cup of chicken stock he added some sliced hot peppers to the corn mix. It was very tastey, and easy for my DH to make he only had to call me 2 x's, LOL. Will make again. Thanks for the post.