Recipe by DJM
From the back of the Red Gold brand of stewed tomatoes.Easy, great tasting. I find the Red Gold stewed tomatoes are much better than other brands.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) canrefrigerated cornbread, twists
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In an ovenproof skillet, brown the ground beef and drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, beans, tomato sauce, corn, chili powder, cumin and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Do not unwind the corn bread twists.
- Press the twists on top of the bubbling mixture.
- Bake, uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes.