Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is my cornbread recipe that makes everyone ask for my recipe. I actually get yelled at by my friends if I don't make it for our annual chili cook-off.
- 3 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix (dry)
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 large egg
- honey (to taste at least on TBSP)
- 1 pinch baking powder
- Mix all ingredients together and put in a greased 9 x 13 pan or greased muffin tin.
- Bake on 350°F until the top is golden brown.
- I recommend that you let it sit for a few minutes (don't cool completely) before cutting.
This was moist and lightly sweet. Perfect. The best part was it was really easy and I had everything in the house. I will definitely make it again.