Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy pizza recipe that tastes like a taco!
Make and share this Cornbread Taco Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare corn muffin mix as directed on box.
- Spread batter into lightly greased 12 inch pizza pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 to 10 minutes until slightly brown.
- In a skillet brown ground meat; drain and add seasoning.
- Put salsa then meat on baked cornbread.
- Top with cheese.
- Put back into oven until topping is bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream if you please.
Outstanding is a very misleading descriptor for the recipe...more like AWESOMELY MAGNIFICENT...is better. SOoo easy, sooo tasty! Great way to use up leftover ground beef. I just baked the corn crust for about 14 minutes in a castiron skillet, layered on the salsa and cooked beef, sprinkled taco seasoning over the meat, piled on the cheese and let her bake another 25 minutes. I think I could eat this--even cold. *embarrassed look*. It's sooo good. My toppings were chopped Romas and sour cream; didn't have any lettuce. Thanks for posting this AWESOMELY MAGNIFICENT recipe.
I had a hard time deciding how to rate this. Loved the concept and probably would have loved the pizza except that the cornbread base was quite sweet. I had never used storebought cornbread mix and didn't realize that it included so much sugar. I would definitely made this again using a recipe rather than mix to make the crust. I made in 9x12 pan. Thank you for posting Anme. Made for Please Review, see my rating system as I rate tougher than most.
this is very kid friendly, and a nice change from frozen pizza during the week. thanks!