Recipe by anme
Easy pizza recipe that tastes like a taco!
Top Review by Caroline Cooks
Outstanding is a very misleading descriptor for the recipe...more like AWESOMELY MAGNIFICENT...is better. SOoo easy, sooo tasty! Great way to use up leftover ground beef. I just baked the corn crust for about 14 minutes in a castiron skillet, layered on the salsa and cooked beef, sprinkled taco seasoning over the meat, piled on the cheese and let her bake another 25 minutes. I think I could eat this--even cold. *embarrassed look*. It's sooo good. My toppings were chopped Romas and sour cream; didn't have any lettuce. Thanks for posting this AWESOMELY MAGNIFICENT recipe.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 lb ground beef (sometimes I use cubed chicken or ground turkey)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 -2 cup cheddar cheese
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare corn muffin mix as directed on box.
- Spread batter into lightly greased 12 inch pizza pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 to 10 minutes until slightly brown.
- In a skillet brown ground meat; drain and add seasoning.
- Put salsa then meat on baked cornbread.
- Top with cheese.
- Put back into oven until topping is bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream if you please.