Elizabeth Fullerton's Note:
This recipe won the 2000 Martha White Bake - Off. It was created by Kay Gay and Hellen Hollansworth of Gulf Shores, Alabama
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 slices bacon
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, cooled
- 1 (6 ounce) package Martha White buttermilk or 1 (6 ounce) package Martha White yellow cornbread mix
- 6 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli or 1 (10 ounce) package spinach, thawed, well drained
- 1 lb shelled deveined cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces finely shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped fresh parsley
- 1Heat oven to 375°F.
- 2Cook bacon in 10 1/2-inch cast iron skillet until crisp.
- 3Drain on paper towel; cool.
- 4Crumble bacon; set aside.
- 5Reserve 1 tablespoon bacon drippings; drain off remaining drippings from skillet.
- 6Wipe skillet clean with paper towel.
- 7Return reserved bacon drippings to skillet; place in oven to heat.
- 8Beat eggs in large bowl.
- 9Add milk, butter, cornbread mix and hot pepper sauce; stir until well blended.
- 10Stir in onion, broccoli, shrimp and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese.
- 11Pour batter into hot skillet.
- 12Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese evenly over top.
- 13Bake at 375°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until set and golden brown.
- 14Sprinkle with bacon and parsley.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread Supreme 2000
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.6
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 283.3 mg
- Sodium 509.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 24.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Martha White buttermilk