Clipped from an issue of Holiday Cooking several years ago. This is my adaptation. This will be enough stuffing to fill an 8-10 pound bird.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb bulk pork sausage or 1/2 lb turkey sausage (such as Jimmy Dean)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sweet unsalted butter (NO SUBSTITUTES)
- 1 medium pear, peeled,cored,chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium apple, peeled,cored,chopped (1 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cornbread stuffing mix
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2-3/4 cup water
- 1Preheat oven to 325 F.
- 2Brown sausage in a large skillet until no longer pink; drain fat.
- 3Add butter, chopped pear and apple, and salt to the pan.
- 4Stir to combine with cooked sausage and cook 1 minute.
- 5Mix together the dry stuffing mix with the raisins and nuts.
- 6Add the sausage mixture to the dry mixture and toss to coat.
- 7Add enough water to moisten.
- 8Use this mixture to stuff turkey or other meat and cook according to your recipe for the stuffed meat.
- 9Or, put the mixture into a 2 quart casserole and bake, covered with foil, at 325 F for 40 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread Stuffing with Sausage & Fruit
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.7
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.2 mg
- Sodium 367.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 9.3 g