Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From allrecipes.com. I have made this to go with chicken breasts and haven't had any complaints!! I always like that! No fruit in this one, just cornbread, sausage and seasonings. I hope you enjoy it!!
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 cups cornbread, crumbled
- 5 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sage
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Place sausage, celery, and onions in a large deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown; drain, crumble and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sausage mixture with the cornbread, bread crumbs, chicken broth, poultry seasoning, and sage; mix well.
- Transfer to a 9x12-inch baking dish.
- Bake, covered, for 45 min or until well set and cooked through.