Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Simply the best!
Make and share this Cornbread Stuffing With Caramelized Onions recipe from Food.com.
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped into small dice
- 6 cups cornbread, crumbled
- 6 tablespoons fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter over medium high heat. Add the celery and cook for 10 minute.
- On a seperate pan, melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, for about 10 minutes, or until soft and caramelized. Add sage and scrape into a large mixing bowl. Add the cornbread pieces and celery, season well with salt and pepper, and give it a good toss until it's well combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, cream, and stock, and pour that over the cornbread. Stir the stuffing together and stuff the cavity of the turkey. You could also spoon it into a buttered baking dish and put it in the oven along with the turkey. Bake for 30.