Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I made this to go with baked pork chops and we loved it! I hope you will too. ** (You can substitute chicken stock for water and bouillon cubes but you may need to add salt)
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cups crumbled cornbread (Use your favorite)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F Spray 2 1/2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- MELT butter in large skillet over low heat. Cook onion and celery, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes or until tender. Add water, corn, chiles, parsley, bouillon, paprika, oregano and pepper; mix well. Add cornbread and nuts; mix well. Spoon into prepared baking dish; cover.
- BAKE for 30 minutes or until heated through.