Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A good basic cornbread stuffing recipe that has bacon in it for extra flavor. Will stuff a 12 to 14 pound turkey.
- 4 cups cornbread, crumbled
- 2 cups celery, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in large bowl, and stuff turkey.
- Half of recipe will stuff a 4-5 pound chicken, duck or goose.
- *A 9 inch square baking dish of cornbread will make approximately 4 cups of crumbled cornbread.