Prep 50 mins
Cook 35 mins
These savory, moist pork chops stuffed with cornbread are fast and easy when you use your microwave. This is a family favorite!
- 4 thick pork chops, 1-inch thick, with pocket cut out in each
- 2 cups crumbled cornbread
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon pimiento
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- NOTE: Most of the Prep time involves making the cornbread, cooking it and letting it cool.
- Make the cornbread and let cool.
- Cornbread Stuffing: In mixing bowl, toss together the cornbread, onion, green pepper, butter, egg, pimiento, salt and pepper.
- Take each chop and fill the pocket with the stuffing, dividing all of the stuffing amongst the chops.
- Arrange the pork chops in a 12 x 8 x 2inch dish, with the thickest meaty areas to the edge and the "tails" in the center.
- Brush half of the glaze (see recipe above) over the tops of the chops.
- Cover with wax paper.
- Microwave at Medium (5) for 35-40 minutes, rotating dish 1/2 turn after 15 minutes, until tender.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Brush with remaining glaze before serving.