Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a very easy recipe. I make my left over stuffing into a casserole and add cheese on top.
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) package cornbread, baked
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can peas, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lb ham, cut into 1 inch squares (You can use already cut ham to save time)
- 6 large bell peppers, cored and parboiled
- 6 slices bacon
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Crumble the already-baked cornbread into a large bowl.
- Add the drained corn, drained peas, and chopped stewed tomatoes. Mix everything together.
- Add the chopped ham and mix together.
- Put the mixture into the cored, parboiled peppers, adding one strip of bacon to the top of each one.
- Put the green peppers into a baking dish and bake them for 40-50 minutes at 300 degrees.