Aunt Willie's Note:
When my Nana passed away a few years ago, I was lucky enough to receive her shoebox of recipes. They are a mix of ones cut from magazines and handwritten cards. I am posting some that I remember.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat overn to 425 degrees.
- 2Brown sausage links in oven-proof skillet (cast iron works best) over low heat on top of stove.
- 3Drain fat, reserving 2 tablespoons.
- 4Arrange browned links in pan, so that they look like spokes of a wheel.
- 5Sift together flour, salt, baking powder and corn meal in a medium bowl.
- 6Make a well in the center and add egg, milk and the reserved 2 tablespoons of drippings.
- 7Beat by hand until smooth, making sure not to over mix.
- 8Fold in chopped onions.
- 9Pour mixture evenly over suasage links.
- 10Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- 11To serve, invert onto plate or platter.
- 12Cut into wedges, keeping the sausage link in the center of the wedge.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread & Sausage Wheel
Serving Size: 1 (1071 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2538.9
- Calories from Fat 1260
- Total Fat 140.0 g
- Saturated Fat 47.8 g
- Cholesterol 572.5 mg
- Sodium 5738.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 210.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.0 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 106.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: