Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
When my Nana passed away a few years ago, I was lucky enough to receive her shoebox of recipes. They are a mix of ones cut from magazines and handwritten cards. I am posting some that I remember.
- Preheat overn to 425 degrees.
- Brown sausage links in oven-proof skillet (cast iron works best) over low heat on top of stove.
- Drain fat, reserving 2 tablespoons.
- Arrange browned links in pan, so that they look like spokes of a wheel.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking powder and corn meal in a medium bowl.
- Make a well in the center and add egg, milk and the reserved 2 tablespoons of drippings.
- Beat by hand until smooth, making sure not to over mix.
- Fold in chopped onions.
- Pour mixture evenly over suasage links.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- To serve, invert onto plate or platter.
- Cut into wedges, keeping the sausage link in the center of the wedge.