Great stuffing for your next turkey or chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees if baking stuffing separately.
- 2Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and saute until sausage is cooked and no longer pink.
- 3Remove sausage from pan with a slotted spoon to a large mixing bowl, reserving fat in skillet.
- 4Add onion and celery to skillet and saute, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes until softened (add butter if mixture becomes too dry).
- 5Add to mixing bowl with sausage and add remaining ingredients, mixing well to blend.
- 6Place the stuffing in a well-buttered 13- by 9-inch roasting pan. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake 15 minutes more, until top is browned. Or cool stuffing and place it in the cavity of a turkey and follow directions for Roasted Turkey.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread-Sausage Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 56.2
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 169.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cornbread stuffing mix