Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great stuffing for your next turkey or chicken.
Make and share this Cornbread-Sausage Stuffing recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, casing removed and sausage crumbled
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped, with their leaves
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 14 cups cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, fresh-ground
- 4 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried sage
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees if baking stuffing separately.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and saute until sausage is cooked and no longer pink.
- Remove sausage from pan with a slotted spoon to a large mixing bowl, reserving fat in skillet.
- Add onion and celery to skillet and saute, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes until softened (add butter if mixture becomes too dry).
- Add to mixing bowl with sausage and add remaining ingredients, mixing well to blend.
- Place the stuffing in a well-buttered 13- by 9-inch roasting pan. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake 15 minutes more, until top is browned. Or cool stuffing and place it in the cavity of a turkey and follow directions for Roasted Turkey.