1 hr 30 mins
Mark H.'s Note:
An easy-to-make cornbread dressing that has become a tradition at our holiday table. Great with turkey, ham, goose, or duck.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 cups of day-old cornbread (I make 3 packages of cornbread mix and allow to cool overnight)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves or 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 lbs bulk pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 6 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 -2 cup dried cranberries or 1 -2 cup dried cherries
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves or 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Cut cornbread into 1-inch cubes and place in large mixing bowl with 2 tblsp of olive oil.
- 3Add 2 tblsp of fresh thyme (1/2 tblsp dried) to mixing bowl and toss cornbread to coat.
- 4Spread the cornbread out on baking sheets and bake at 350 until slightly toasted (about 15 minutes).
- 5Allow toasted cornbread to cool at room temperature for about 30 minutes, then return to bowl.
- 6While cornbread is cooling, brown bulk sausage over medium heat until cooked through/lightly browned.
- 7Use a slotted spoon to remove sausage from frying pan (or drain grease) and add sausage to mixing bowl.
- 8Heat remaining 2 tblsp of olive oil and butter over medium heat and add onion and celery.
- 9Saute onions and celery for about 10 minutes.
- 10Add dried cranberries or cherries to onion/celery and saute for about 5 minutes.
- 11Fold the mixture into the bowl with cornbread and sausage.
- 12Add the remaining thyme, sage, parsley to the mixing bowl and toss well with spatula.
- 13Drizzle the mixture with chicken broth to moisten and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 14Place into baking pan (s), cover with foil and cook for 25-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread/Sausage Dressing With Dried Cranberries
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.9
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 57.0 mg
- Sodium 148.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 15.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves