Recipe by TXOLDHAM
Clipped from Dallas Morning News a while back. Time does not include the time to make the cornbread for the salad. Don't let the number of ingredients put you off. Cooking time is time to dry out the corn bread thoroughly.
- 3 cups cornbread, dried, coarsely crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- cracked pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250°F
- Spread corn bread in a jellyroll pan.
- Bake for 1-1/2 hours or until crisp.
- Combine corn bread, bell peppers, red onion, parsley, cilantro, green onions, garlic and chiles in large bowl, tossing lightly.
- Season with cumin seeds, salt and pepper.
- Whisk olive oil, vinegar and lime juice in a small bowl until thorougly blended.
- Pour over corn bread mixture and toss gently to coat.